Any established product becomes obsolete in due course of time. Such a product catalyzes product support and upgrades. This catalysis is difficult and expensive. The solution is to build a product for a wide segment of potential customers and preserve the key customer segment. Consequently, several business owners aim migration of their products to a mainstream technology and new platform.
For organizations to attain their business goals, we leverage our extensive experience of application re-engineering and offer meticulously planned re-engineering methodology. Aakeen has a proven methodology that appraises the investments in legacy systems by carefully analyzing the legacy application set and business logic, and then mining with a tool-based approach. Our re-engineering methodology is composed of data migration, technology migration system using tool-based reverse engineering, and forward engineering. All these ensure a smooth transition process.
- Code re-structuring
- Platform transitions
- Language conversion
- Migration to client/server and web
- Porting and Data Migration
- Legacy Systems and Application Re-engineering
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Business problems with the current mode of operation
- Future business goals post migration
- The procedures those will be catered by the re-engineered application.
- Stakeholder's viewpoint on the advantage from the effort.
- Assessment of the product to be migrated
- Knowledge transfer
- Research of the platform and technology to be supported and Technology selection
- Research of data domain and creation of detailed specifications for the project
- System planning (selection of architecture, creation of interaction protocols and technical specifications for separate modules, etc.) and prototyping
- System implementation (System Specifications, Construction, QA)
- Creation of project documentation (System architecture description, source code detailed description (in addition to built-in comments in code)
- New system optimization and tuning
The initial step is to complete the premigration assessment. Then, the team works on the specification with a broad software development approach and methodology to deliver the product.